Connecting QuickBooks Payments
This article guides you through linking the QuickBooks Payments payment gateway to your BigCommerce store. If you are using QuickBooks Merchant Services, which has been deprecated, you'll need to upgrade to process refunds or configure manually captured transactions.
If you do not currently have a QuickBooks Merchant account, you can sign up for one within your BigCommerce store and start processing payments. If you do already have an account, you can instantly connect it.
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. Click Other online payment methods then click Set Up next to Quickbooks Payments.
3. The QuickBooks Payments tab will appear, then click the Connect with QuickBooks button. This will open a pop-up window and navigate you to Intuit's login page for OAuth authorization.
4. If you don't currently have a QuickBooks Merchant account, follow the steps below. If you do, skip to Step 5.
- Click Don't have an account? Sign up now.
- Fill out the QuickBooks form with the details required to create a QBMS account.
- Click Create Account when done. Skip to Step 7.
5. If you do have a QuickBooks Merchant account, enter your QuickBooks username and password to sign in.
6. You will be asked to authorize BigCommerce to access your data and process payments on your behalf. Select which QuickBooks company you want to associate with your BigCommerce store. Once your BigCommerce store has been authorized to access your QuickBooks company data, you will be informed that BigCommerce and QuickBooks are connected.
7. The pop-up will disappear after authorization, and you will be redirected back to your BigCommerce control panel.
Need to update your contact info? Visit the QuickBooks Merchant Service Center. Changes made to your contact information in BigCommerce will not be reflected in your Quickbooks Merchant Account.