BigCommerce Powered by ShopKeep
ShopKeep is a cloud-based iPad POS solution used by more than 23,000 merchants in the United States and Canada. Their easy-to-use solution allows merchants to ring up in-store sales and manage inventory, employees, and customers from their web-based BackOffice.
ShopKeep also has their own payments solution, ShopKeep Payments, offering the most competitive rates for in-store and online payment processing.
- BigCommerce and ShopKeep Integration - this comes standard if you have purchased a Shopkeep Advanced or Essential Package.
- BigCommerce and ShopKeep BackOffice synced - the BigCommerce Store and the ShopKeep BackOffice need to be linked together.
- Products Imported from ShopKeep First - products must first be set up in ShopKeep and then imported into BigCommerce. This will sync the product inventory with your ShopKeep POS and BigCommerce Store.
How does it work?
The integration allows you to export products from your ShopKeep BackOffice into your BigCommerce Store. The product’s inventory levels will be synced when a sale is made in either your ShopKeep POS or BigCommerce Store.
Products must be pushed from ShopKeep into BigCommerce for inventory to be synced in real time. Products with the same product name in ShopKeep and BigCommerce will not import.
Importable product details
- Product Name - Products with the same product name in ShopKeep and BigCommerce will not import.
- SKU - This ShopKeep generated number is synced with BigCommerce upon enabling an item’s online sale status. It cannot be changed in ShopKeep BackOffice or BigCommerce.
- Track Inventory
- Inventory Level
- Item Availability.
- Product Options (including stock level and price)
- Options made in ShopKeep with different prices per SKU will automatically create a price change rule when imported to BigCommerce.
- Display style for options is not configurable in ShopKeep, imported multiple choice options will default to Rectangle Style. This can be changed post-import if needed.
Connecting to ShopKeep
Follow this step-by-step guide from ShopKeep to connect your ShopKeep BackOffice to your BigCommerce Store and enable products from ShopKeep into your BigCommerce Store.
Setting up Products in BigCommerce
Products that are imported from ShopKeep will lack features like a category, weight, product description and image. These aspects will need to be updated in the BigCommerce Control Panel in order for the products to display on the storefront.
Although ShopKeep has categories, they are not the same as BigCommerce categories. ShopKeep’s categories are used for inventory organization, while BigCommerce categories are designed to manage the navigation of your store for online shoppers.
Products imported from ShopKeep will automatically be put into a hidden category called Imported from ShopKeep.
To move the product to the appropriate category, click the checkbox next to the appropriate product category.
If there is no appropriate category, you can create a new one by clicking "create new". Give it a name and if necessary select a parent category.
Adding Product Weight
Product weight is a required field in BigCommerce. This is how real-time shipping quotes calculate rates from our shipping partners so it should be accurate. If you plan on shipping using flat-rate or free shipping, you can enter any value for this field.
Weight measurements can be recorded in Pounds, Ounces, Kilograms, Grams, and Tonnes. To learn more about how to change these see Website Settings.
Adding Product Description
A well-written product description is essential to give customers the confidence to complete the purchase. The goal of any product description is to provide the customer with enough information to entice them to buy.
For best practices in writing SEO-rich product descriptions see Product Descriptions Best Practices.
Adding a Product Image
Like product descriptions, product images are vital for turning visitors into buyers and improving SEO rankings.
To add an image, go to the top of the product page and click on the “Images and Videos” tab
- Supported file types are JPEG/JPG, GIF, and PNG. TIF and PDF files are not supported.
- The optimal size for your product images is 1280 x 1280 pixels. Other product images (like thumbnails) will be created from the original image you upload.
There are multiple ways to upload a product image to your store:
- Drag and drop the image from your computer to the Upload New Product Images box
- Click Select images from your computer and navigate to the image on your computer
- Click the Upload images from the web link on the right to enter the web address of an image online
- Click the Choose images from your gallery link to select an image you've uploaded to the Image Manager