Using the Alibaba.com App
Alibaba.com is a global wholesale platform that serves millions of buyers and suppliers around the world. Our integration allows you to source products from Alibaba.com's extensive network of Chinese wholesale suppliers right from the BigCommerce control panel.
Once you have found the product or products you are looking for, you are led to the Alibaba.com site to complete your purchase. At this time products ordered from Alibaba.com will not be automatically added to your store, and must be added manually. The ability to have products automatically added to your store after purchase is planned for a future version of the integration.
Supported Categories and Subcategories
This version of the Alibaba.com app includes products curated from five categories and their relevant subcategories.
Hoodies and sweatshirts
Infant and toddlers clothing
Ladies' blouses and tops
Organic cotton clothing
Pants and trousers
Plus size clothing
Suits and tuxedo
Vests and waistcoats
Wedding apparel and accessories
Automobiles & Motorcycles
Auto chassis parts
Auto electrical system
Auto ignition system
Car care and cleaning
Other auto parts
Beauty & Personal Care
Hair extensions and wigs
Hair salon equipment
Shaving & hair removal
|Accessories and parts|
Camera, photo and accessories
Home audio, video and accessories
Mobile phone and accessories
Other consumer electronics
Portable audio, video and accessories
Video game and accessories
Timepieces, Jewelry, Eyewear
Enabling the Alibaba.com App
You must be signed in as the Store Owner to access and enable the Alibaba.com app.
1. Go to Apps › Marketplace.
2. Search for Alibaba and click on the title.
3. Click Install to begin the installation.
4. A permissions page will display, asking you to allow the Alibaba.com app access to specific store data. Click Confirm to continue.
5. The Alibaba.com application will load with a few popups displaying information about the app. Click Next to get to the final screen, then click Finish.
There are four ways to locate products within the BigCommerce Alibaba.com app.
- Categories Menu — a list of top-level categories including Apparel, Automobiles & Motorcycles, Beauty & Personal Care, Consumer Electronics, Timepieces, Jewelry, Eyewear
- Category Launch Panels — displays row of top products per category, and includes a See more link to browse the category
- Search Bar — allows searches for simple terms
- Subcategory Carousel — a rotating banner displaying popular subcategories for quick navigation
Navigating to any category page will display the top products in that category and also reveal its subcategories in the left side panel.
The Sort by drop-down in the upper right side of the screen allows you to sort by Relevance, Price: Low to High, and Price: High to Low.
Each product thumbnail includes a product image, name, price per piece, and the minimum order number.
Individual Product Information
Navigating to any product will display a popup with additional information such as shipping costs, and supplier details. The top portion of the product details popup displays the price per piece, minimum order number, as well as the View & buy on Alibaba.com button.
The Product details section displays additional product information, which varies product to product.
Click the Product details label to reveal additional product information.
Shipping & delivery cost
The Shipping & delivery cost section displays the Fastest and Cheapest shipping methods available for the product and lists the carrier for each method. Note that all shipping prices are quoted for shipping within the US.
Dispatched within 48h indicates that once you have placed your order and completed the payment, the supplier must dispatch the products within 48 hours.
The Supplier details section displays the supplier, their location, and their tenure as a Gold supplier with Alibaba.com.
Gold Supplier? The Alibaba.com Wholesale app only includes Alibaba Gold Suppliers. In order to qualify as a Gold Supplier, Alibaba.com suppliers must be verified. Learn more about Alibaba.com safety and security by visiting the What are Verification Services page on the Alibaba.com Help Center.
Secure payments & buyer protection
The Secure payments & buyer protection section displays important information regarding the funds for your order including buyer protection, refund policies, and accepted payment methods.
Buyer Protection: Every purchase from Alibaba.com includes their buyer protection which ensures that your payment is not released to the supplier until you have confirmed receipt of the order. For additional information see the FAQ.
1. Navigate to any product thumbnail and click it to load the product details popup.
2. Click View & buy on Alibaba.com. This will open a new tab in your browser, taking you to the product’s page on Alibaba.com.
3. Select the total amount of the product you would like to purchase and click Buy Now.
4. You will be taken to a screen to either create a free Alibaba.com account or log into an existing one. If creating a new account, click Join Free and enter the required information.
5. Log into your new or existing account and complete your order on the Alibaba.com checkout page.
General Assistance with Alibaba.com
Visit the Alibaba.com Help Center to find answers to general questions about their services or if you need assistance with your Alibaba.com account. Alternatively, visit the Alibaba.com contact page to send questions to Anna, Alibaba.com's 24-hour online intelligent robot.
Getting Assistance from Within your Alibaba.com Account
1. Go to login.alibaba.com, and enter your Alibaba.com account's email address and password.
2. Hover the My Alibaba menu option on the top right side of the page. Then, click the My Alibaba link.
3. Click the Need Help? button on the right side of the page.
4. A list of top questions will be displayed. Click Ask More to type and send your own question, and receive a smart response within 24 hours.
Trade (Order) Disputes
If you are experiencing one of the following issues:
- You paid for goods, however, the supplier never delivered them or provided you with an invalid tracking number.
- The goods you received are not the same ones you paid for.
- Any other issues related to a wholesale order which you placed.
Please log into your Alibaba.com wholesale account and follow the instructions below to open an order dispute.
Opening a Dispute
1. Go to login.alibaba.com, and enter your Alibaba.com account's email address and password.
2. Click My Orders found under My Alibaba.
3. Locate and click the order you would like to dispute, then click Open Dispute.
Be careful! You cannot submit a dispute if you have clicked Confirm: Order Received. Please make sure you confirm the order only when you have received the product and are satisfied with its condition.
4. Enter the dispute details, then click Submit.
This process opens an escalated case with Alibaba.com's support. You will normally receive a follow up within 5 working days. Visit the Alibaba.com Help Center for more information.
Dissatisfaction with Order or Issues with the Supplier You Purchased From
If you are not happy with the product you have ordered or are experiencing an issue with the supplier, please contact the Alibaba.com Support Team directly by visiting the Alibaba.com Help Center.
Issues with the Alibaba.com App
For any issues that are taking place with the Alibaba.com integration in your BigCommerce control panel, please reach out to our support teams via email, chat or phone.
I don't see any relevant products. How can I give you my feedback?
To provide feedback on what products you'd like to see, open the Alibaba.com app and click the Feedback link located in the upper right corner of the page.
How do I know if this supplier is not selling counterfeit goods?
To ensure that suppliers are not selling counterfeit goods, Alibaba.com has handpicked only the best-performing suppliers and ensured that they are made available through this Alibaba.com Wholesale app to BigCommerce merchants only.
What does best-performing mean?
This means that these suppliers:
- are Alibaba Gold Suppliers
- have a consistent track record/history of supplying high-quality products at low price points
- ship and deliver products within a short period of time
How do I know that my payment is secure?
Alibaba provides the Alibaba.com Secure Payment service to ensure that your payment is secure. This service was previously known as an Escrow Service and it aims to provide a safe payment service for all parties engaged in international trade. By partnering with an independent online payment platform (Alipay), Alibaba.com provides payment security to both buyers and suppliers. This is how it works:
- Payment Security — Your money is held by Alipay, an independent online payment platform until you confirm delivery. Once you have confirmed delivery, we will then notify Alipay to release your payment to the supplier.
- Full Refund — If the supplier doesn't ship your order on time, or if you don't receive it and it is determined to be the fault of the supplier, you'll get your payment returned directly.
- Partial refund and keeping products — If the products you receive are significantly different from the product requirements agreed in the contract with the supplier, you may choose to receive a partial refund and also keep the product.
Why do I see a BigCommerce screen after I've clicked on the 'Buy' button on the Alibaba.com Wholesale website?
This allows your BigCommerce account to be linked to your Alibaba account. This process is known as account binding and is required for features that will be released to the app in the near future.