Adding the Google +1 Button to Your Store's Homepage
The Google +1 button allows visitors to recommend the page content in Google Search and share it on Google+. Product pages and Blog posts already have a Google +1 button setting that can be set in Store Setup › Store Settings under the Share tab. These instructions refer to adding a Google +1 share button for your homepage or webpage. It requires the use of Banners. See
Generating the Code
1. Go to the Google +1 Button page.
2. Adjust the Size, Annotation, Width, and Language settings as you like.
3. Click Advanced Options.
4. In the URL to +1 field, enter your store's URL.
Be sure to include http:// or https:// at the beginning of the website address you enter.
Adding the Code to a Banner
1. In a new tab or window, log in to your BigCommerce control panel. Go to Marketing › Banners, then click Create a Banner.
2. Enter a name for the banner in the Banner Name field. This is only visible to you, and will never seen by your customers.
3. At the top of the Banner Content field, click the Edit HTML Source button.
4. On the Google +1 page, copy the code from the code box on the right of the screen.
5. In your BigCommerce control panel, paste the code in the HTML Source Editor pop-up, then click Update.
After clicking the Update button, the Banner Content field will still appear to be empty. The Google +1 button code will only display on your storefront.
6. Scroll to the Show on Page list, then select Home Page.
7. From the Location drop-down, select Top of Page or Bottom of Page.
8. Save your changes.
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design or want to work with an expert? Check out our BigCommerce Partner Directory or ask your question in the BigCommerce Community Design Group for assistance. Due to our Design Policy, our Techincal Support is unable to edit code or make design changes.