Adding the Google +1 Button to Your Store's Homepage
These instructions apply to free BigCommerce themes that have not been customized. The BigCommerce Support Team may not be able assist with issues that occur after applying them to a previously customized theme. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
In this article, we'll walk you through adding a Google +1 button to your homepage using a marketing banner.
Generating the Code
1. Go to the Google +1 Button page.
2. Adjust the Size, Annotation, Width, and Language settings as you like.
3. Click Advanced Options.
4. In the URL to +1 field, enter your store's URL.
Be sure to include http:// or https:// at the beginning of the website address you enter.
Adding the Code to a Banner
1. In a new tab or window, log in to your BigCommerce control panel. Go to Marketing › Banners, then click Create a Banner.
2. Enter a name for the banner in the Banner Name field. This is only visible to you, and will never seen by your customers.
3. At the top of the Banner Content field, click the Edit HTML Source button.
4. In Google, copy the code from the code box on the right of the screen.
5. In your BigCommerce control panel, paste the code in the HTML Source Editor pop-up, then click Update.
After clicking the Update button, the Banner Content field will still appear to be empty. The Google +1 button code will only display on your storefront.
6. Scroll to the Show on Page list, then select Home Page.
7. From the Location drop-down, select Top of Page.
8. Save your changes.