Adding a Product | Other Details
What We'll Cover
This article covers the Other Details tab on the Product Edit page. To get to this tab, go to Products › Add. For information about other product details and tabs, see Adding a Product.
The Other Details tab is where you can set various product-related fields and settings, including related products, SEO and Facebook OG settings, and information for account and shopping comparison integrations.
Need more info? If you have a question about any of these fields, it can be helpful to hover over the "i" icon to the left of each field and read a brief explanation.
This section lets you specify product identifiers, which you may need for accounting, inventory, or shopping integration purposes.
- Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Brand — add a new brand, or select from any brands you've created in the Product Brands area
Using the Related Products section will allow you to manually select which products appear in the "Related Products" panel on your product page.
For a walkthrough on setting up Related Products, see Setting Up Related Products.
This section consists of optional product-related details that pertain to different aspects of product management. These details will generally appear on your product page under the Additional Information accordion tab.
- Bin Picking Number — if your product is stored in a warehouse, use this to specify where in the warehouse it can be located. This information will appear on packing slips. If your product has options, you should assign BPNs for your individual SKUs rather than the base product.
- Warranty — include any product warranty information in this section. It can also be repurposed for additional text.
- Template layout file — if you have custom product HTML templates, use this to select one other than the default (product.html)
- Search Keywords — product keywords to assist in your store's search. See Store Search Best Practices for more information.
- Availability — enter 1-2 lines explaining how quickly your product ships.
- Visible — toggle the product's visibility in your store. This can also be managed from Products › View.
- Featured Products — toggle whether the product should appear in the Featured Products panel. This can also be managed from Products › View.
- Gift Wrapping — enable customers to ask that the product be giftwrapped, and specify if you want to limit the giftwrapping options
- Sort Order — select where you want this product to appear relative to other products (products with a lower sort order will display further up on the page). Sort orders can be negative, but must be whole numbers. See Setting a Sort Order for Products for more details.
- Product Condition — mark whether your product is New, Used, or Refurbished. Check the box to opt to show the condition on the product page. (If you want to add different conditions, consider using Custom Fields.)
- Minimum Purchase Quantity — Limit your customers to purchasing a minimum quantity of the product.
- Maximum Purchase Quantity — Limit your customers to purchasing a maximum quantity of the product.
Search Engine Optimization
These settings allow you to set specific SEO-related information on your product's page. If left blank, these fields will default to what you have set in your Store Settings.
- Page Title — the title shown in the web browser, as well as the main link text in search engines
- Meta Keywords — keywords relevant to the product. Separate multiple keywords by commas. Note that keywords are ignored by modern search engines.
- Meta Description — a short sentence (150-160 characters) summarizing the content of the product. This can be shown in the search engine results, although some search engines will instead show other content from the page that better matches the user's search query.
- Product URL — the actual URL of your product. If you are receiving any warnings about special characters in your product name causing issues with the URL, check this setting and clear out any unusual characters such as a & or %.
Facebook Open Graph (OG) Settings
Facebook Open Graph (OG) settings are used to provide alternative data when a product is linked inside of Facebook. Adjust these settings for Facebook Sharing.
- Object Type — select Product
- Title — select whether you want the product's title to appear in the shared listing
- Description — select whether you want the product's description to appear in the shared listing
- Image — select whether you want the product thumbnail image to appear in the shared listing
These settings can be used to override the asset, income, and expense accounts linked with your accounting integration on a per-product basis.
- Asset Account Code
- Income Account Code
- Expense/COS Account Code
This field can be used to specify which general ledger account you want the product to be linked with using the Peachtree integration.
- General Ledger Account
After enabling Shopping Comparison feeds, these settings will allow you to map products individually to each feed. Simply click on which feeds you want to map the product into.