There are multiple ways to add products to your store - you can use the built-in add/edit tool to manually create products in the control panel, upload products in bulk using a CSV-formatted file, or use an app or the API to migrate your product catalog from another platform.
This document will cover the basics of manually creating a product in the control panel. If you're interested in creating a product through an imported spreadsheet, see Importing and Exporting Products.
Adding a New Product
Go to Products › Add. You will be taken to the Details tab on the Product Edit page.
There are a couple of tabs here, each lets you add information for different aspects of your product.
- Images & Videos
- Product Files (downloadable products)
- Options & SKUs
- Custom Fields
- Other Details
- Bulk Pricing
The Summary section includes your basic product details, including some fields that are required before the product can be created. These required product attributes are:
- Product Name
- Weight (for physical products)
- Name — the name of your product (maximum 250 characters; no special characters)
- Price — the price of your base product, not taking into account sales, discounts, or options. Click More Pricing for additional price fields.
- Tax Class — allows you to select the tax class a product belongs to; normally left as Default Tax Class (more details)
- Avalara Product Tax Code — if you've linked your paid Avalara account, determines how this product should be taxed
- Categories — the categories your product belongs to. Click the + to see the subcategories or Add if you need to create a new category.
- Product type — select whether your product is physical or downloadable
- Product code/SKU (optional) — the unique product identifier unit
- Weight (required for physical products) — your product's weight; used for shipping calculations
- Width, Height, Depth (optional; physical products only) — your products' dimensions. While not required, you should enter your packed product's dimensions here to ensure accurate real-time shipping quotes.
Click on the More pricing link. You will see a few more pricing options appear, all of which are optional:
- Cost Price — the cost of your products to you; this is never shown to customers, but can be used for accounting purposes
- MSRP (Retail Price) — the price at which your distributor recommends you sell the product; will show next to your product's price
- Sale Price — if used, replaces your regular product price; if a retail price is also entered, may cross out the retail price
Fill out your product description with information about your product. This section uses the WYSIWYG Editor, so you can add text, bullet points, links, or additional images and videos.
Any settings you select here will override what you set up in your shipping settings.
- Free Shipping — if enabled, the product will ship for free (more details)
- Fixed Shipping Cost — the product will ship for this cost
By default, when you add a new product, it is available for shoppers to add to their cart for purchase, but you can modify a product's availability when creating or editing it.
- This product can be purchased in my online store (default)
- This product is coming soon but I want to take pre-orders
- Message — message that will display in place of the Add to Cart button
- Release date — date you expect the product back in stock
- Remove pre-order status on this date — product will be changed back to Product can be purchased in my online store automatically on the selected date
- This product cannot be purchased in my online store — for products to be marked as catalog-only
- Show "Call for pricing" message instead of the price — field to type in your desired "Call for Pricing" message
Allow Purchases is an also updatable field when importing products. Use this if you need to enable or disable purchasability in bulk.
Images & Videos
To add a product image, go the Images & Videos tab.
- Supported file types are JPEG/JPG, GIF and PNG. TIF, PDF, and animated GIF file are not supported.
- The optimal size for your product images is 1280 x 1280 pixels. Other product images (like thumbnails) will be created from the original image you upload.
Adding an Image
There are multiple ways you can add an image to your product:
- Drag and drop the image from your computer to the Upload New Product Images box.
- Click Select images and navigate to the image on your computer.
- Click the Upload images from the web link on the right to enter the web address of an image online.
- Click the Choose images from your gallery link to select an image you've uploaded to the Image Manager.
Managing Product Images
Click the Use as Thumbnail radio button to select which image will represent the product.
If you have multiple images, drag and drop them up or down to change the sort order.
The product description will become the image's alt tag. This is the alternate text that provides information about the image for users who cannot view it. See our article on Product Descriptions Best Practices for tips on getting the most out of your product image descriptions.
To delete an image, select the checkbox next to it and click Delete Selected.
Adding a YouTube Video
1. Put the link to your listed YouTube video or search terms in the search field, then click Search.
2. The videos matching your link or search terms will appear under Search Results. Click the checkbox next to your preferred video(s) to select it and it will appear under Selected Videos. To remove a video you've already selected, click the checkbox next to it under Selected Videos.
3. Save your changes when done.
The Product Files tab lets you upload the file or files you want to send the customer when they purchase the product. It is enabled when the Product Type field is set to Downloadable.
To learn more about setting up a downloadable product, see Creating Downloadable Products.
The Inventory tab lets you set whether or not your product's inventory should be tracked, and how. It is enabled when the Product Type field is set to Physical.
For a full walk-through on managing inventory, see Inventory Tracking.
- Do not track inventory for this product — inventory will not be tracked
- Track inventory for this product — your base product's stock level will be tracked
- Current Stock Level — the amount of the product currently in stock
- Low Stock Level — when your product hits this quantity, you will be sent a notification (set up in Inventory Settings)
- Track inventory by options — your product's variants will be tracked; requires adding product SKUs for each variant
Options & SKUs
In this tab, you can apply an option set to your product, and create SKUs and rules. See Options, SKUs, and Rules to learn more about how options and option sets work, and how to apply them to products to create variants.
Custom fields allow you to specify additional information that will appear on the products page, such as a book's ISBN or a DVD's release date. The location of these fields on your product page may differ depending on your theme.
Custom fields appear automatically in the product's details if they are defined on the product. If you don't want to show any custom fields, simply remove them from the product.
Custom fields can be also be created and edited via CSV file and the API.
Adding a Custom Field
1. Go to Products › View, then click on the name of a product to edit it.
2. Go to the Custom Fields tab.
3. Enter the following information for your custom field:
- Custom field name (e.g. Material) - limit 250 characters
- Custom field value (e.g. Cotton) - limit 250 characters
4. Save your changes when done.
To add or remove a custom field, click the + (plus sign) or the - (minus sign) to the right of the row.
The Other Details tab is where you can set various product-related fields and settings, including related products, SEO and Facebook Open Graph settings, and information for accounting and shopping comparison integrations.
This section lets you specify product identifiers, which you may need for accounting, inventory, or shopping integration purposes.
- Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Brand — add a new brand, or select from any brands you've created
Using the Related Products section will allow you to manually select which products appear in the "Related Products" panel on your product page.
For a walkthrough on setting up Related Products, see Product Panels.
This section consists of optional product-related details that pertain to different aspects of product management. These details will generally appear on your product page under additional tabs (e.g. Warranty Information).
- Bin Picking Number — if your product is stored in a warehouse, use this to specify where in the warehouse it can be located. This information will appear on packing slips. If your product has options, you should assign BPNs for your individual SKUs rather than the base product.
- Warranty — include any product warranty information in this section. It can also be repurposed for additional text
- Template layout file — if you have custom product HTML templates, use this to select one other than the default (product.html)
- Search Keywords — product keywords to assist in your store's search. See Store Search for more information.
- Availability — Enter 1-2 lines explaining how quickly your product ships.
- Visible — toggle the product's visibility in your store. This can also be managed from Products › View.
- Featured Products — toggle whether the product should appear in the Featured Products panel. This can also be managed from Products › View.
- Gift Wrapping — enable customers to ask that the product be gift wrapped, and specify if you want to limit the gift wrapping options
- Sort Order — select where you want this product to appear relative to other products (products with a lower sort order will display further up on the page). Sort orders can be negative but must be whole numbers. See Sort Order for more details.
- Product Condition — mark whether your product is New, Used, or Refurbished. Check the box to opt to show the condition on the product page. Consider using a custom field if you need more specificity in describing the product's condition.
- Minimum Purchase Quantity — Limit your customers to purchasing a minimum quantity of the product.
- Maximum Purchase Quantity — Limit your customers to purchasing a maximum quantity of the product.
Search Engine Optimization
These settings allow you to set specific SEO-related information on your product's page. If left blank, these fields will default to what you have set in your Store Settings.
- Page Title — the title shown in the web browser, as well as the main link text in search engines
- Meta Keywords — keywords relevant to the product. Separate multiple keywords by commas. Note that keywords are ignored by modern search engines.
- Meta Description — a short sentence (150-160 characters) summarizing the content of the product. This can be shown in the search engine results, although some search engines will instead show other content from the page that better matches the user's search query.
- Product URL — the actual URL of your product. If you are receiving any warnings about special characters in your product name causing issues with the URL, check this setting and clear out any unusual characters such as a & or %.
Here, you can individually enable a product for Google Shopping. If you are using the Google Shopping by Sales & Orders (recommended) app, this field is not used.
If you want to enable multiple products for Google Shopping, you may find it more convenient to perform this step during a product import. To learn more about enabling products and setting up your store to list on Google Shopping, see Google Shopping.
Facebook Open Graph (OG) Settings
Facebook Open Graph (OG) settings are used to provide alternative data when a product is linked inside of Facebook. Adjust these settings for Facebook Sharing.
- Object Type — select Product
- Title — select whether you want the product's title to appear in the shared listing
- Description — select whether you want the product's description to appear in the shared listing
- Image — select whether you want the product thumbnail image to appear in the shared listing
To encourage shoppers to purchase more and in higher quantities, merchants will often offer quantity discounts on certain products, also known as bulk pricing. Bulk pricing involves offering a particular item or group of items at a lower price based on the number ordered. This is particularly useful to wholesalers and merchants who sell items that are typically bought in bulk.
You can offer bulk pricing for both individual products using Bulk Pricing Rules, and for whole categories of products (including multiple categories) using a Cart-Level Discount. You can only have up to 50 bulk pricing rules per product.
Enabling Bulk Discounts
To enable bulk discounts on your store, go to Store Setup › Store Setting, then click the Display tab. Check the Enable Bulk Discount setting.
Creating Bulk Pricing Rules for a Product
Bulk pricing discounts can be managed under the Bulk Pricing tab.
1. Enter your quantity ranges.
- Enter one range per line.
- You can use multiple lines.
- Each line may be a flat price or percentage discount off each individual item
- You can use an asterisk (*) character as a wildcard. For example, a rule that begins Purchases between 10 and * of this product... would apply to any quantity higher than 10.
2. If you want to add additional ranges, click the + button to the right of your discount. To remove a range, click the - button.
3. Save your changes. When you view the product in your store, you will notice a "Buy in bulk and save" message near the Add to cart button. This message may appear differently based on your store’s theme.
Bulk Pricing for All Products in One or More Categories
Use a cart-level discount to offer bulk pricing across an entire category of products.
This is useful if you want to offer the same kind of bulk pricing rule incentive across multiple, similar products in one more categories. Discount rules also offer other advanced functionality. You can:
- limit the bulk discount to a particular customer group
- set a start and stop date for the discount
- limit the number of times the discount can be used
- manually activate/deactivate the discount at any time
See Creating Cart-Level Discounts for more information and help with cart-level discounts.
How do I write product descriptions that help drive traffic and sell products?
See Product Descriptions Best Practices for tips and tricks for writing effective product descriptions.
I'm getting the error "Only letters, numbers, dots (.), dashes (-), underscores (_) and backslashes (/) are allowed in URLs."
This issue can happen when product URLs contain special characters, or if common characters such as a space or "&" are converted into URL format. If this happens, edit the product, go to the Other Details tab, find the Product URL field under the Search Engine Optimization section and click Reset. Try saving the product again.
If you have several products affected by this issue, consider exporting your products, performing a find/replace function, then re-importing.
How can I adjust how my product images appear?
Can I add videos directly to my product description?
Yes - use the YouTube button in the WYSIWYG editor.
Can I assign bulk pricing to products using a CSV import file?
Can I set bulk pricing for variants?
Variant-level bulk pricing is possible using Price Lists.