Adding Custom Text to the Invoice Email
The emails sent to your customers are generic by default. To make the messaging in your emails match the brand and tone of your store's customer experience, add a personalized message to your invoice emails.
Customizing the text involved utilizing the WYSIWYG Editor, so you do not need to edit any code.
Adding Custom Text
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options and click More › Emails.
2. Click Action › Edit to the right of invoice_email.html.
3. Place your cursor just before %%GLOBAL_CartItemColumns%%, then press Enter or Return. This will create the space needed to insert your custom text.
4. Type your custom message on the empty line above %%GLOBAL_CartItemColumns%%. You can format it using the buttons at the top of the WYSIWYG Editor. This area of your invoice email is a great place to include customer testimonials or your return policies.
Want to replace default text? Any part of the email that has an %%LNG_ in front can be deleted and replaced with your own text. To learn more see Customizing the Invoice Email's 'Thanks for Your Order' Text.
5. Save your changes.
To see what this email looks like, you'll have to make a test purchase from your store.
- Adding a Logo to the Invoice Email
- Adding Customer Email Address to Invoice Emails
- Customizing Invoice Emails 'Thanks for your Order' Text
- Adding Social Media Icons to the Bottom of Your Emails
- Removing "Powered by BigCommerce" from Emails
- Email Template Files and Snippets
- Email Global Variables (Developer Portal) - a list of global variables used in email templates