Guide to BigCommerce Analytics
In-Store Search Report | Guide to BigCommerce Analytics
Your In-Store Search report details your shoppers experience and success rate when using your in-store search function that’s available on your storefront. Depending on your specific, online business, the in-store search function can greatly impact your conversion rate. If it is not functioning accurately, it can lead to shoppers leaving your store in droves. However, if optimized well, you will not only see a boost to your bottom line, but you can begin uncover your shoppers intent and tailor search results for maximum results.
Client Example: Glam My Mani
Search Statistic Tabs
This report has six tabs including: overview, keywords with results, keywords without results, best performing keywords, worst performing keywords and search term corrections.
Each of these tabs contain actionable data defined as follows:
- Overview: Provides a search summary that includes; number of search, most searching in a day, average searches per day, most popular search terms with results and most popular teams without results.
- Keywords with Results: A list of terms customers searched for that did give them any results.
- Keywords without Results: A list of terms customers searched for that did not give them any results.
- Best Performing Keywords: A list of terms customers searched for that did return results, and the results appear helpful as customers are making a selection from the drop down menu.
- Worst Performing Keywords: A list of terms customers searched for that did return results, however the results do not appear to be helpful as customers are not making a selection from the drop down menu.
- Search Term Corrections: A list of search terms that customers entered and provided a “Did you mean: ?” suggestion, which they then selected.
Take Action with Data — Tending to your in-store search functionality will can improve your overall online shopping experience and boost your conversion rate. Meanwhile, if you’re in-store search is inaccurate or dysfunctional, can be detrimental, especially when the size of your inventory exceeds the scale at which it can be browsed.
Although we have advanced advice to improve your in-store search, here are some basic items to get you started:
- Make sure your search function is displayed: Most ecommerce design themes already do this, but if you’re noticing shoppers are not using this feature, you may want to test displaying it more prominently.
- Test for accuracy: Search both singular and plural keywords to make sure the results provided actually make sense and are helpful to the end-user.
- Implement auto-suggestions: Show keyword recommendations as the shopper is typing into the search field. This is a great way to showcase some of your other product options and can help customers find what they are looking for without having to completely type in the entire phrase.
Find out how to adjust your in-store search settings.
- Learn best practices for improving your in-store search experience or review our field guide to optimizing site search for commerce stores.
- Want to learn more about BigCommerce Analytics including information on each report, supported currencies and which order status are factored in? See Using BigCommerce Analytics.
- Want to find out how to export specific Analytics reports? See Exporting Analytics Reports.
- Follow our BigCommerce Blog to learn more about industry best practices and recent trends that can help you grow your online business.
- Need advice? Connect with our Community of expert store owners and BigCommerce staff regarding this subject.